ESDM Scheme aims to train 90,000 persons in 4 Years with budget of Rs. 114 crore & 500 crore in Phase-I & Phase II respectively. The courses & training centers are to be recognized by Electronics Sector Skills Council, Telecom Sector Skills Council. Scheme is for up-skilling/acquiring new skills under Electronics Sector. Key Features of ESDM Scheme Courses can be taken-up as full-time or part-time. Financial assistance of 75% of course fee is offered; provided candidate clears a certification exam by SSC & remaining 25% of training cost for general candidate would be borne by candidate/ Institute or jointly.
- Financial Assistance of 100% of course fee offered for students belonging to SC/ST, Economically Weaker Section (EWS). 40% of seats can be reserved for such students, with sharing ratio as SC-15%, ST-7.5% & EWS-17.5%. (For EWS the annual family income should not be more than Rs. 2 Lacs.
- The examination will have two components of theory and practical.
- A student who is unable to pass the exam in initial attempt will be eligible to apply for 2 re-appear attempts upon payment of applicable assessment fee.
- The candidate who passes the assessment will need apply for employment either thru the ESDM portal, Training Partner or SIA as the reimbursement component is linked to employability of the trainee.
- One student can benefit only once under this scheme.